oh boy oh boy, it's 07/07/07 - YOUR lucky day! on this momentous occasion, couples are getting hitched (to fend of those ominous divorce statistics mentioned in the previous post), and millions are lining up outside of conveniences stores to win the lottery. (you'd think it would occur to the lottery-goers that the dramatic increase in their numbers on this particular day would decrease their individual odds of winning, but oh well - it's 07/07/07, your lucky day!).
this brings me back to last year's 06/06/06, which happened to be my birthday as well as satan's. that sure was a fun day, though it didn't herald the sort of attention 07/07/07 is now. probably because everyone was hiding in a corner of their respective basements, repenting their sins and awaiting the apocalypse. that's what you were doing, wasn't it? just admit it.
for me and some of my fellow un-repentants, that day was also the miss g project's read-in at queen's park. but you weren't there because you were scared of hell-fire. i understand.
anyways, here are some other ideas for how you can maximize your good times on 07/07/07:
- try to have a baby on the seventh minute of the seventh hour of the seventh day.... s/he is sure to grow up feeling real special, and kids these days just need that kind of thing.
- go up to people on the street and ask them if they're "feeling lucky, punk?"
- lobby the government to institute a 13th month so if your marriage fails and/or you don't win the lottery, you can try again in 6 years, 6 months, and 6 days.
- throw a horse-shoe over your left shoulder from the seventh floor of an apartment building. it just seems like a lucky thing to do.
- play poker recklessly - odds are (and i do mean odds) others will be doing the same thing. wait for them to get drunk as they lose miserably, and then steal their wallet.